Sunday, November 16, 2008

The time has come...

Thank you, Kassie for inspiring me. It's been 4 months and 13 days since Rece was born. I'm well out of the time frame to use the "I just had a baby" excuse. Of course, I say this as I shovel and piece of California Pizza Kitchen pizza into my mouth. Hey, one last hoorah, right?!

Anyway, tomorrow is the big day. I'll restart weightwatchers, and see what happens. The first time around was so easy. Starting back is so hard because the weight doesn't just fall off anymore.

There are multiple reasons why I want to do this. The number 1 being my health, and number 2 being the fact that I can't fit into anything that I own other than sweats and scrubs.

The hard part will be getting the support that I need. Sean is not helpful. He thinks that counting points is a joke. So it makes me want to hide my diet from him which is stupid. Another hard part is finding time to get workouts in. I work so much that by the time I get off, I just want to spend time with my baby, then go to sleep. Those are just excuses though, and I really need to just suck it up and deal with it. Sean and I have a gym membership, and I need to use it, at least on the days that I am off.

Anyway, tomorrow morning, I'll weigh in and start this weightloss journey.

4 comments:

Karen's Sweet Konfections said...

Well you got the support of your mom. I start over every Monday morning. I've been sayng I'm gonna take up jogging because I don't know how much the walks are helping. I do good a few day and then boom. I've got 11 days till thanksgiving to lose a few pounds. Lets do this!!!

Danica said...

Yeah, I have a treadmill right here and now that is calling my name, so we shall see. Thanks for your support! :-)

Kassie said...

Even though it seems like I'm a million miles away you have my support!!! I haven't been exercising except for the first week. I've been doing horrible the last 2 weeks but I'm back at it again tomorrow! I only gained back my .4 that I lost last week so that is good. I should join the gym with you and maybe we can wake up REALLY early and get in some aerobics classes. Whatcha think?

Danica said...

Kassie, it would be nice if we could work out together, but we are so far away. I'm gonna have to workout Friday-Sunday, and I know you won't feel like driving over here just to work out. The other days, I have to leave for work at 6, and I think they open at 5 or 530. There is no way I could swing that. :-(